Lights for Life : Kampung Orang Asli Kelaik, Kelantan

RM8,755 of RM45,000 raised

The Problem

Kelaik 3

Kampung Orang Asli Kelaik is located at Pos Blau, about 100km from Gua Musang town, Kelantan. About 43 homes in the village have no electricity connection, affecting 215 villagers living in the dark. 

From our research, 40% of Orang Asli families use a diesel generator for electricity connection, costing them between RM400-RM600 per month and produces pollution, smell & noise, while the other 60% choose riskier options such as candles or kerosene. 

 

The Solution

PXL_20220405_042612607

Our mission is to empower rural indigenous communities by equipping them with Pico Solar PV Technology which is not only cost-effective but also energy efficient.

This project will supply and install PICO solar light systems for Orang Asli (OA) Villages,  saving them money and improving their quality of life. 

Kelaik villagers no longer have to be exposed to noise and smog pollutants from generators or constantly have to purchase petrol and light lamps. In fact, numerous studies have also found that access to electricity is associated with better school outcomes as students are able to study later into the night.

The Impact

Orang Asli house

With the solar PICO light installation, the villagers can expect some financial savings. Their daily productive hours will increase by a minimum of 4 hours per day.  We are happy that the children will gain more study time with the access of light. 

 

Updates coming soon…

Tra My Le

19 February 2024

Amount Donated
RM53.25

Anonymous

29 December 2023

Amount Donated
RM213.00

Tra My Le

28 December 2023

Amount Donated
RM106.50

LIEN CHONG TEE

12 October 2023

Amount Donated
RM1,000.00

Darsavarthini Ravichandran

8 September 2023

Amount Donated
RM53.25
RM8,755 of RM45,000 raised

* By making a donation, you agree to our Terms and Policies.

Fundraisers Supporting this Campaign

×
×
Contact Us
How can we help you?